Food Donation Pantry
Gifts of Food Make a Difference
West Severna Park Community collects 1,000 cans!
Your gift of non-perishable food to SPAN does make a difference in many of our neighbors’ lives. Without your help, many local families might otherwise go hungry. If you or your club, business or organization or even your neighborhood, such as the West Severna Park Community, would like to sponsor an event to benefit SPAN, contact us at 410 647-0889, email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Super Bowl Sunday food drive by our neighbors in West Severna Park: Nancy Jackson reported that 80 families signed up to help.
“We divided into 2 teams (Giants and Patriots)…..It was unbelievable what folks had ready for us. Once teams got the donations they put a balloon in each yard. It was so cool! Balloons everywhere!” The teams put their food on their team tarps. and winners were awarded a bracelet that said SPAN BOWL 2012. “Next year, Nancy said, “we’re thinking of doing some friendly challenging of neighboring communities.”
You can help make a difference.
- Include SPAN in your weekly shopping list and delivering the donation to the local SPAN center
- Present your offering of food in church. Most partner churches have collection baskets for SPAN on site. .
- Sponsore a food drive for SPAN. This can be done through sports teams, schools, businesses, communities/neighborhoods or local clubs.
Food Donation Requests
- Boxed Rice
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Canned Meats (sausages, tuna, beef stew, chili, Spam, etc.)
- Peanut Butter and Jelly
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Pancake Mix and Pancake Syrup
- Canned Fruit and Vegetables
- Pork N Beans
- Toiletries: shampoo, deodorant, toothbrushes and paste, female hygeine product,toilet paper
- Snack Food
- Potatoe mixes: mashed, scalloped, au gratin.
- Stuffing mix
- Muffin and Bread Mixes